Thursday, January 7, 2016

We Sell Pecans

If you are from Commerce, you probably recognize this location. Its the place where they primarily buy pecans by the pound. I remember when I was younger my mom would take us out to pick pecans. We would go to multiple locations picking pecans to sell. As a child I loved it. I saw it as time with my mom and family. To her it was a way of making extra cash to feed her family and pay bills. She was always on her grind. Its nine years today since she passed on. I am still inspired by her ambition and drive. I made this painting during the Christmas holiday. I was standing in front of Chase Bank doing the sketch. A man drove up to withdraw money. I let him know that I was sketching and not interested in his money by showing him my sketch. After the second customer, I finished to make sure bank customers wouldn't be suspicious of my motives.

No comments: