Sunday, August 3, 2014

Drive By Barn

This painting is called drive by barn because its sits somewhere along interstate highway 35. I take photos from a car and get pretty good photos to paint with. I read recently that its best to paint from inferior photos because it allows you to take liberties with the actual painting. The resulting photos will have the blur that an artist utilizes to simplify shapes.
I tend towards abstraction in some of my photography. I have always liked the concept and practice of multiple exposures. With today's digital camera technology we tend to take photos rather than explore and get to know an area. Multiple exposure photography forces you to slow down and contemplate the image and place.
Once again construction is booming in Austin. This construction site is the view outside my office window.

No comments: